English for Employment - Hospitality & Retail
Mar 12, 2018
The English for Employment program is a part-time program with the goal of assisting Newcomers to develop industry specific English skills, help them attain knowledge of the Saskatchewan work environment, and help them to connect to the Saskatchewan labour market.
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS (clients will):
- Develop English Language Skills & Vocabulary for:
- Customer Service
- Engage in Real-life Learning Opportunities:
- Guest Speakers
- Workplace Tours
- Learn about Employer and Workplace Expectations
- Gain Knowledge of Retail & Hospitality Employment Preparation:Resume & Cover Letter Development
February 20th - March 22nd
Monday - Thursday
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Programs are accessible to all newcomers to Canada (focusing on, but not limited to, newcomers within the past 5 years), aged 16 and over, who experience cultural and / or language / literacy barriers to employment. Minimum English requirement CLB 4+.
HOW TO APPLY:
Clients must complete a registration form prior to attending classes. Clients can come to the Regina Open Door Society Employment Services at 2332 11th Ave. second floor, or call (306) 352-3521 to make an appointment.
- click here for a .pdf copy of the Event Poster