Integrating Newcomer With Volunteer Opportunities (INVOLVE) - WCN Program
May 5, 2018
Do you want to develop your Community Leadership Skills!
Integrating Newcomer With Volunteer Opportunities to add Leadership Value through Education (INVOLVE)
The program will run on each Saturday on May 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th and June 2nd, 2018 from 9:00am to 2:30pm. Application deadline is April 23rd, 2018
Participants will learn:
- To understand the culture, role and history of volunteerism in Saskatchewan and Canada
- An introduction to the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement
- To understand how non-profit organizations are structures and how they generally operate
- To identify their own skills, attributes and interests so that they can find opportunities where they can contribute successfully
- Opportunity to meet community organizations that need volunteers.
- Gain Canadian experience
- Contribute to the community
- Develop networks
- Have your voice heard
- Develop your leadership skills
Certificates & Volunteer Opportunities on June 2nd, 2018.
- Newcomers with Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 and higher
- Resided in Canada for one year or more
- Willing to volunteer in the community
- Registration Deadline April 23rd, 2018
To register, please fill out the application form below and mail it to our office.
Regina Open Door Society
Welcoming Community for Newcomers Program at
4th Floor, 2220 12th Avenue
Regina, Sask, S4P 0M8
Tel: (306) 352-3500