Volunteer with Internationally Trained Professionals
The Enhanced Language Training Program (ELT) at the Regina Open Door Society is seeking career mentors for professionals who are recent immigrants to Canada.
ROLE OF MENTORS:
- They will provide advice to newcomers about employment and work place culture in their field.
- They will assist newcomers with developing their professional networks.
- post-secondary education and work experience in a registered or non-registered profession
- knowledge about licensing processes
- access to professional networks
- cross-cultural experience and/or interest in other cultures
- A volunteer commitment of 8 weeks or more.
- Face-to-face meetings once a week for an hour or more.
- Screening process to ensure a compatible match.
- Enhance interpersonal and intercultural competence.
- Gain exposure to new ideas and perspectives.
- Contribute towards professional development in their field
For applications forms, please click on the following links.
For more information about the ELT program, click on this link to the Enhanced Language Training Program.