Employer: Regina Open Door Society
Location: Regina, SK
Number of positions: 1
The Regina Open Door Society (RODS) is a non-profit organization that provides settlement and integration services to refugees and immigrants in Regina. RODS is committed to meeting the needs of newcomers by offering programs and services that enable them to achieve their goals and participate fully in the larger community.
The Regina Open Door Society Inc. is seeking a qualified individual to staff the full-time position of Budget Officer.
The Budget Officer contributes to the overall success of the organization by working with Program Directors and Managers to develop and monitor the organization’s budget. This position is directly accountable to the Director of Central Administration & Finance and Executive Director.
- The efficient day-to-day operation of RODS’ culturally diverse organization is maintained through a collaborative approach with the Executive Director, managers and staff through consensus based decision making. The Budget Officer’s responsibilities will include:
- Work with program Directors and Managers to develop the organization’s budget.
- Review Directors’ and Managers’ budget proposals for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations.
- Reviews operating budgets periodically to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Combine all the program and department budgets together into a consolidated organizational budget and review all funding requests for merit.
- Explain recommendations for funding requests to others in the organization and funders.
- Monitor organizational spending to ensure that it is within budget.
- Inform program Directors and Managers of the status and availability of funds.
- Oversee the production of monthly and quarterly reports, financial claims and cash flows.
- Emphasize accountability and transparency among the management team.
- Work closely with Directors and Managers of departments to understand their department needs; collect budget information, translate, and accurately model current and future initiatives under different scenarios.
- Ensure strong working relationships with other departments/teams.
- Other duties, as requested by Manager.
This individual must possess a strong ability to communicate and work well in both team and autonomous settings with little supervision while working for the greater good of the department, organization and clients. They thrive in a dynamic setting with tight deadlines.
- Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Business Administration with 2 years’ related experience or Diploma in Accounting, Commerce or Business Administration with 3 years’ related work experience;
- Knowledge of GAAP;
- Knowledge of provincial legislation on Employment Standards;
- Knowledge of financial practices in the voluntary sector;
- Demonstrated understanding of customer service principles and practices;
- Clean Police Record check.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with one hour unpaid lunch break and an Earned Day off (EDO) every second Monday or Friday. All positions at RODS require a clean criminal record check. There is a cost shared benefits package and 3% pension contribution available to the employee with a successful completion of a six-month probationary period. The annual salary for this position starts at $46,413.19 ($26.45/hr).
How To Apply
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please be able to provide three work related references at the time of your interview. No phone calls and no drop off please. Please respond in confidence no later than 4:00 PM on Sunday April 30th, 2017 by mail, fax or email to: Human Resources Coordinator, Regina Open Door Society, 1855 Smith Street, Regina, SK S4P 2N5 E-mail: HR@rods.sk.ca