Early Childhood Educator
Employer: Regina Open Door Society
Number of positions: 1
Type of positions: part-time, term
Wage/Salary: $13.11 - $18.98
The Regina Open Door Society (RODS) is a non-profit organization that provides settlement and integration services to refugees and immigrants in Regina. RODS is committed to meeting the needs of newcomers by offering programs and services that enable them to achieve their goals and participate fully in the larger community.
The Regina Open Door Society Inc. is seeking a qualified individual to staff a part-time term position of Early Childhood Educator in our Child Care Centre. It is a one-year term position starting from February 1st, 2018 to January 31st, 2019.
- Plans and implements a developmentally appropriate and child-centered program on a daily basis - including outdoor activities, small and large group activities and center-based activities that develop literacy skills, fine and large motor skills, social skills and support all areas of child development.
- Provides activities that encourage respect for values, customs and traditions of other cultures.
- Oversees children’s daily activities to ensure health, safety and proper supervision - including diapering/toileting, feeding and sanitation.
- Interacts/participates with children to ensure they are engaged in their environment and activities.
- Communicates daily with parents, both oral and written, regarding their child’s learning and needs.
- Contributes to the presentation of materials and room arrangement to provide a stimulating environment that supports all areas of child development.
- Saskatchewan Early Childhood Education Certification preferred but not required
- Experience working with young children
- Valid First Aid and CPR B or C
- Experience/knowledge of the principles and guidelines of the Play and Exploration Guide from the Ministry of Education would be an asset
- Commitment to high-quality programming and best practices in Early Childhood Education
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A clean Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
Hours of Work and Wage
The hours of work for this position are 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday. The hourly wage for this position is $13.11 – $18.98, depending on the certification level.
How To Apply
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please be able to provide three work related references at the time of your interview. Please respond in confidence by sending a cover letter and resume to HR@rods.sk.ca, stating the position title in the email subject, no later than 4:00pm, January 19th, 2018. No phone calls or drop-in mails, please.