English Language Servies (ELS) Evening Program Support (TERM)
Employer: Regina Open Door Society
Location: Regina, SK
Number of positions: 1
Type of positions: Full-time Term
Wage/Salary: $32,091.88 annually ($18.29 per hour)
Position Title: English Language Services (ELS) Evening Program Support Full Time Term Position
Term: November 23rd, 2017 to November30th, 2018
Closing date: November 17th, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
The Regina Open Door Society (www.rods.sk.ca) is a non-profit organization that provides settlement and integration services to refugees and immigrants in Regina. RODS is committed to meeting the needs of newcomers by offering programs and services that enable them to achieve their goals and participate fully in the larger community.
The Regina Open Door Society Inc. is seeking a qualified individual to staff the Evening Program Support position within the English Language Services Department. The start date for this position is November 23rd, 2017.
- High School Diploma and post-secondary education (Office Education)
- Proficiency in the use of the following office equipment: computer, voice messaging systems, fax machine, photocopier, etc.
- Proficiency in the use of the following computer programs: Word processing, databases, spreadsheets, e-mail, internet, etc.
- Minimum 3 of years of experience providing administrative services in an office setting
- Capability in more than one language is an asset.
- Composes evening class lists.
- Composes files for each evening learner upon registration and manages evening learner files.
- Inputs client information into SimpleCTS.
- Reports attendance on iCARE and prepares other reports as needed.
- Monitors evening waitlist; registers clients; responds to client questions and concerns; does periodic ‘housecleaning’ of list.
- Organizes monthly evening orientations for new starts; secures interpreters and compiles learner feedback.
- Arranges and tracks interpreters and translators as needed for the evening classes (orientation, workshops and evaluation). Reports to the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant.
- Arranges bus transportation for LINC evening field trips.
- Acts as receptionist for the Donahue location and first back up for LINC Reception at 1855 Smith.
- Assists managers and staff with special events, activities, training (e.g. PD days, travel arrangements for PD, health presentations, etc.).
- Assists in the ELS department as needed.
Hours of Work
Monday through Thursday from 11:30 to 8:00 p.m. and every other Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch break daily (6.75 hours per day; 33.75 hours per week); with an EDO every other Friday.
All positions at RODS require a clean criminal record/child abuse registry check.
The annual salary for this position is $32,091.88 ($18.29/hour) at the probationary level of the RODS Administration Category 1.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please respond in confidence by email to HR@rods.sk.ca