English Language Teacher Aide
Employer: Regina Open Door Society
Number of positions: 1
Type of positions: Part-time Evening
Wage/Salary: $18.28 per hour
The Regina Open Door Society (RODS) is a non-profit organization that provides settlement and integration services to refugees and immigrants in Regina. RODS is committed to meeting the needs of newcomers by offering programs and services that enable them to achieve their goals and participate fully in the larger community.
The Regina Open Door Society Inc. is seeking qualified individuals to staff the part-time evening position of English Language Teacher Aide. The start date for this position is November 13, 2017.
- Grade 12 or equivalent education
- Ability to follow instructions and directions and then work independently
- English language ability at Canadian Language Benchmark 7 or higher
- Writing, computer and clerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration and organization skills
- Proven accountability, resourcefulness, initiative, and professionalism
- Strong ability to work cooperatively in a cross-cultural setting
- Post-secondary education in a field that relates to the position
- TESL training and/or experience
- Knowledge of the Canadian Language Benchmarks particularly as they relate to beginner level learners
- Strong technological skills
- Experience using Portfolio Based Language Assessment
This position’s primary responsibility is to provide assistance to adult literacy learners under the supervision of the Language Assistance Supervisor or classroom instructors.
Working under the direction of Language Assistance Supervisor and assigned teachers the teacher aide will:
- Follow the instructions/directions of classroom teachers in the work of assisting adult literacy learners.
- Provide assistance in reading, writing, listening and speaking to individuals and small groups of learners.
- Assist learners in the learning and use of new technology.
- Provide support such as duplicating, faxing, and telephoning.
- Seek out and assist to produce resources as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
Hours of work
Hours of work for this position are Monday to Thursday from 6:00 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. for the total of 13 hours per week. All positions at RODS require a clean criminal record check. The annual salary for this position will be based on the RODS 2017 -18 Salary Grid, Admin. Category 1 plus years of service. Starting salary at Admin 1 probationary Step would be $18.28/hr.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please be able to provide three work related references at the time of your interview.
Please respond in confidence no later than Friday, November 3rd, 2017 at 4:00 PM via email to:
Regina Open Door Society
1855 Smith St.
Regina, SK S4P 2N5