Employer: Regina Open Door Society
Location: Regina, SK
Number of positions: 2
Type of positions: Casual
The Regina Open Door Society (RODS) is a non-profit organization that provides settlement and integration services to refugees and immigrants in Regina. RODS is committed to meeting the needs of newcomers by offering programs and services that enable them to achieve their goals and participate fully in the larger community.
The Regina Open Door Society Inc. is seeking a qualified individual to staff Casual position of Janitor Person. The start date for this position is June 1st, 2017.
The efficient day-to-day operation of RODS’ culturally diverse organization is maintained through a collaborative approach with the Executive Director, managers and staff through consensus based decision making. The Janitor Person’s responsibilities will include:
Performed on a daily, weekly or as needed basis;
- Empty garbage cans.
- Mop and disinfect floors.
- Clean and disinfect sinks.
- Clean and disinfect mirrors.
- Clean and disinfect toilet bowl-seats, urinals, & pipes.
- Empty sanitary napkin receptacles.
- Check hand soap, paper towel, & tissues supplies.
- Check that toilets, urinals, facets & drains are working.
- Clean doors and partitions.
- Check deodorant blocks.
- Spot clean walls and ceilings.
- Clean baseboards.
- Clean radiators.
- Clean light fixtures.
- Clean exterior of all dispensers (tissue, soap, etc.).
General Cleaning Duties:
- Sweep, mop & disinfect floors.
- Vacuum any carpets.
- Empty all wastebaskets – (offices, reception areas, classrooms, lunchrooms)
- Clean glass as needed. (Main entrances)
- Signs of vandalism or abuse of facilities should be reported to the Finance Manager.
- Keep all janitorial rooms/space clean and organized.
- Maintains all maintenance and janitorial supplies as well as all tools and equipment.
- Report to program supports when supplies are required for ordering.
- Other duties, as requested by manager.
The work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than fifty pounds. Moving items over fifty pounds utilizes a team lift.
- Grade 12 Diploma
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in providing cleaning and maintenance services in an office or commercial setting
- Knowledge of building security systems
- Knowledge of emergency and Fire procedures
- Valid Driver’s License
Hours of Work:
Hours of work for this position will vary between the hours of 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM Monday to Friday. No set number of hours are guaranteed. All position at RODS requires a clean criminal record. Salary for this position is $32,091.88 ($18.29/hr).
How To Apply
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please be able to provide three work related references at the time of your interview. No phone calls and No Drop off please. Please submit applications no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday May 26th, 2017 by mail, fax or email to: HR Coordinator at HR@rods.sk.ca, Address: Regina Open Door Society, 1855 Smith Street, Regina SK S4P 2N5. Fax: (306) 757-8166.