Summer Program Worker
Employer: Regina Open Door Society
Location: Regina, SK
Type of positions: Full Time Term Position ( June 19, 2017 to August 31st, 2017)
The Regina Open Door Society (RODS) is a non-profit organization that provides settlement and integration services to refugees and immigrants in Regina. RODS is committed to meeting the needs of newcomers by offering programs and services that enable them to achieve their goals and participate fully in the larger community.
The Regina Open Door Society Inc. is seeking qualified individuals to staff multiple full time term positions of Summer Program Worker. The term of these positions is June 19, 2017 to August 31st, 2017.
The Summer Program Worker will work within a team setting to plan, organize and deliver educational, recreational, and social and wellness activities to a group of newly-arrived refugee and immigrant children ages 6 – 11 years old.
- Experience working with school age children ages 6 – 11
- Knowledge of classroom management/discipline strategies
- Experience/knowledge of lesson/activity planning and learning assessment
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural setting with children and families whose first language is not English
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Valid First aid/CPR B or C certificate
Hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. All positions at RODS require a clean criminal record. The hourly wage for this position is $14.00.
How To Apply
We thank all candidates for their interest;however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please be able to provide two work related references at the time of your interview. No phone calls or drop-ins please. Please respond in confidence no later than May 26th, 2017 4:00 pm by mail, fax or email to: Human Resources Coordinator, Regina Open Door Society, 1855 Smith Street, Regina, Saskatchewan, S4P2N5 (Fax) 757-8166 Email: HR@rods.sk.ca.