Employer: Regina Open Door Society
Location: Regina, SK
Number of positions: 1
The Regina Open Door Society (RODS) is a non-profit organization that provides settlement and integration services to refugees and immigrants in Regina. RODS is committed to meeting the needs of newcomers by offering programs and services that enable them to achieve their goals and participate fully in the larger community.
The Regina Open Door Society Inc. is seeking a qualified individual to staff the term position of Youth Worker ( May 15,2017 to March 31,2018) . The start date for this position is May 15, 2017.
The Youth Program assists newcomer youth to become familiar with their community and establish supportive social networks. The aim of the program is to help newcomer youth become thriving members of their community.
- Post-secondary education preferably degree or diploma in area of Social Sciences or Youth Development , Community Development , however previous work experience will be considered
- Previous work experience with at risk youth
- Strong commitment to providing quality services working in an intercultural environment
- Event planning and organizing skills
- Facilitation skills required : development and delivery of information , orientation and workshops
- Ability to prioritize duties , ability to perform a variety of diverse task
- Ability to document and compile reports in an accurate manner
- Proficiency in both official languages is an asset ,
- Fluency in languages other than English and French is an asset
- Experience with outlook , Word , Excel, Power Point and internet usage
- Extensive evening and weekend work required
- 5 Saskatchewan Driver’s license
- Clean Drivers abstract
- Child Abuse Registry
- First aid/CPR
Detailed job description
- Build relationship with existing immigrant /refugee youth and their community
- Provide workshops or work with other agencies to provide workshops on racism , bullying , conflict resolution , leadership , public speaking and others
- Provide information and orientation to newcomer youth
- Creatively plan , organize and evaluate activities
- Learn about RODS and other programs , services and resources for youth and families for referral
- Provide referral to programs and services in the community
- Match newcomer youth with mentors
- Work in collaboration with community organizations to provide programs and services for newcomer youth
- Excellent interpersonal, skills
- The ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural and team environment.
- Work experience in a client-orientated position or related field targeting immigrant and refugee youth and families
- Knowledge of settlement related issues facing immigrants and refugee youth, children and families
- Broad knowledge of local community resources that can assist newcomer youth , children and families with their settlement needs
- Solid para professional counseling and group facilitation skills. Familiar in casework process, including intake procedures, needs assessment, goal planning, referrals, case management, documentation and follow-ups.
- Understanding of Canada and Saskatchewan Privacy Policies and education system
- Strong time-management and organizational skills are essential
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills.
Regular Monday to Friday from 8:15 AM to 4:00 PM. This position will be required work evening and weekends to facilitate youth activities. All position at RODS require a clean criminal check. The annual salary for this position is $ 37,263.33.
How To Apply
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please be able to provide three work related references at the time of your interview. No phone calls and drop off please. Please respond in confidence no later than 4:00 PM on Friday April 28th, 2017 by mail, fax or email to Human Resources Coordinator, Regina Open Door Society, 1855 Smith Street, Regina, Saskatchewan, S4P2N5 (Fax) 757-8166 Email: HR@rods.sk.ca.