Newcomer Bursary Program
Newcomer Bursaries are cash awards that are to assist students with meeting the costs of post - secondary (i.e. university or vocational) training.
Up to SIX awards of $2,000 each are available in 2017.
Individuals are eligible to apply for a bursary if they meet ALL of the following criteria:
- They are a REFUGEE who landed in Canada in the past 10 years (i.e. since January 1, 2007)
- Their principal residence is located in Regina
- Their studies will take place at a Saskatchewan educational institution
- They have not received a Newcomer Bursary in the previous year
A brief letter and transcripts should be submitted at the same time as the application. Reference "Section 2" of application. Please ensure that all documents are submitted at the same time.
Application deadline is May 19th, 2017.
Application forms must be returned to:
Attention: Newcomer Bursary Program
Regina Open Door Society
4th Floor - 2220 12th Avenue
Regina, Sask, S4P 0M8
Bursary recipients will be selected by an independent committee and notified in writing. Bursaries will be presented at the World Refugee Day celebration on June 20th, 2017. Bursaries can be applied to studies commencing prior to June 30th, 2018.
Previous Bursary Recipients are as follows:
2016 Bursary Recipients
2015 Bursary Recipients
2014 Bursary Recipients
2013 Bursary Recipients
2012 Bursary Recipients
Amina Ibrahim - recipient of the Saskatchewan Credit Unions Bursary
2011 Bursary Recipients
2010 Bursary Recipients
2009 Bursary Recipients
2008 Bursary Recipients
2007 Bursary Recipients
2006 Bursary Recipients
- click here for a .pdf copy of the 2017 Bursary Poster
- click here for a .pdf copy of the 2017 Application Form