Volunteer as a Career Mentor
The Regina Open Door Society is seeking career mentors for recent immigrants to Canada.
ROLE OF MENTORS:
- They will provide advice to newcomers about employment and workplace culture
- They will assist newcomers with developing career networks
- Post-secondary education and work experience in a registered or non-registered professions
- Experience in other sectors such as hospitality and customer service
- Knowledge about the licensing processes is an asset but not necessary
- Access to professional networks
- Cross-cultural experience and/or interest in other cultures
- A commitment to either short or long term matches
- Face-to-face meetings once a week for an hour or more
- Screening process to ensure a compatible match
BENEFITS FOR MENTORS:
- Enhance interpersonal and intercultural competence.
- Gain exposure to new ideas and perspectives.
- Contribute towards professional development in their field
To apply for this opportunity, contact the Mentorship Facilitator by phone: (306) 352-3521 or email the application forms to
For applications forms, please click on the following links.