Looking for Volunteers - Campus Gardener!
Do you know any newcomer clients who are interested in gardening and volunteering this summer?
RODS Welcoming Community for Newcomers (WCN) program collaborates with U of R Green Patch program to provide newcomers with a great volunteering opportunity – gardening on the U of R campus from May to October 2014.
How it works:
- Newcomer volunteers will work together with the other community volunteers to cultivate the Green Patch garden on campus. (No individual plots will be allotted to people. )
- Volunteers take home 1/3 of the produce.
- The project coordinator is available to meet with volunteer gardeners and help orient, train, and mentor them. Tasks include planting, watering, weeding, harvesting, guiding tours, and more.
- Educational workshops will be provided throughout the summer on topics like weed identification, seed saving, and composting.
Newcomer volunteers could benefit from the project by:
- Gaining volunteering experience
- Contributing to the society: 2/3 of the produce will be donated to Carmichael Outreach for their meal.
- Learning new gardening knowledge
- Enjoying this summer and meet new friends
How to Register:
Please contact the Welcoming Community for Newcomers (WCN) Facilitator, Zhuo Ding, by email: email@example.com; or phone: 306 352 3500.
We will recruit 6 newcomer volunteers.
There is no language requirement. Previous gardening experience is not required.
- click here for .pdf copy of Poster