Integrating Newcomers With Volunteer Opportunities - INVOLVE!
Do You Want To Develop Your Community Leadership Skills!
Integrating Newcomer With Volunteer Opportunities To Add Leadership Value Through Education (INVOLVE)
The program will run on each Saturday on April 27th, May 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th, 2019 from 9:00am to 2:30 pm.
Certificates will be given on April 25 & Volunteer Opportunities on the completion of INVOLVE!
Application deadline is April 15, 2019
Participants Will Learn:
- To understand the culture, role and history of volunteerism in Saskatchewan and Canada
- An introduction to the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement
- To understand how non-profit organizations are structures and how they generally operate
- To identify their own skills, attributes and interests so that they can find opportunities where they can contribute successfully
- Opportunity to meet community organizations that need volunteers.
- Gain Canadian experience
- Contribute to the community
- Develop networks
- Have your voice heard
- Develop your leadership skills
- Newcomers with Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 and higher
- Resided in Canada for one year or more
- Willing to volunteer in the community
Registration Deadline April 15th, 2019
To register, please fill out the application form below and mail it to our office.
Regina Open Door Society
Welcoming Community for Newcomers Program at
4th Floor, 2220 12th Avenue
Regina, Sask, S4P 0M8
Tel: (306) 352-3500