Young Leaders Academy - Youth Program
Regina Open Door Society's Youth Program will be running its very first Leadership Program for newcomer youth.
RODS Young Leaders Academy
December 6th, 2018 to February 28th, 2019
Thursdays from 5:00 to 7:30pm.
Learning Room 1 - 4th Floor, 2220 12th Avenue
It is a 10 week program that aims to hone the newcomer youth into good and responsible leaders in the community.
Join now and be a certified Youth Leader!
Open to all newcomer youth ages 13 to 24
The program will focus on the participants’ personal development, safe awareness, capacity building, social integration and project planning and implementation. There will be volunteer opportunities.
- Character and Leadership Builiding
- Group Dynamics and Team Building
- Effective Communications Exercises
- Self-awarenmeness and confidence enhancing experecises
- Social Awareness Activities and
- Learning Visits
- Volunteer Education
- Volunteering Activities
- Research and Proposal Developments
Benefits of Joining the Program:
- Learn about principles of leadership
- Acquire important leadership values
- Enhance self-confidence
- Be an effective team player
- Increase social networks
- Cross-cultural friendship
- Make a difference in the community
- Gain volunteer experience
- Become a leader in your community
This program is FREE & Certificates will be given!
The registration is now open.
To registier and for more information, please contact:
Youth Coordinator at 306-352-3500
- Click here for a copy of the Program Poster