Advance Interview Skills
When an employer calls and invites you to an interview, the relief of moving to the next step of the job search process is often accompanied by anxiety. What should you say and do? What does the employer expect? The Advanced Interview Workshop offers participants the opportunity to receive an introduction to the culture and expectations surrounding Canadian job interviews. Explore different types of interview questions and develop strategies that will help you answer employers clearly and confidently while showing them why you are the right person for the job.
What will you learn?
This workshop offers an overview of the different types of interviews. Participants will also have the opportunity to identify and practice a variety of interview questions, receive feedback on responses, and prepare for their next opportunity.
Key topics include:
- Types of Interviews
- Examples of common, job-specific, & behavioural interview questions
- Strategies for answering interview questions and evaluating your responses
- How to prepare for an online and in-person job interview
- What to expect when you meet the employer
When you finish this workshop, you will:
- Have an understanding of the culture and expectations of Canadian job interviews
- Be able to research employers and prepare for online and in-person interviews
- Know how to identify different types of interview questions and create engaging and relevant responses
If you already have an employment counsellor, click here to register for workshops. If you do not have an employment counsellor, call (306)352 3521 or email us at email@example.com for further guidance.