Advanced Interview Skills (In-Person)
Nearly every employer will invite you to a job interview before making their final hiring decision. Do you know how to make a good first impression? In this workshop, you will learn how to respond to different types of interviews, manage anxiety, and answer difficult questions with confidence. You will also gain knowledge about employer expectations, body language, and dressing for success.
What will you learn?
This workshop offers an overview of many different types of interviews. Participants will have the opportunity to identify and practice a variety of interview questions, receive feedback on responses, and prepare for their next interview opportunity. Key topics include:
- Types of Canadian interviews
- Examples of common, job-specific, & behavioral interview questions
- Strategies for answering interview questions and evaluating your responses
- How to prepare for an online and in-person job interview
- What to expect when you meet the employer
When you finish this workshop, you will:
- Have an understanding of the culture and expectations of Canadian job interviews
- Be able to research employers and prepare for online and in-person interviews
- Know how to identify different types of interview questions, and create engaging and relevant responses
Who is eligible for this workshop?
Workshops are intended for any newcomers to Canada (focusing on, but not limited to, newcomers within the past 5 years), aged 16 and over, who experience cultural and/or language/literacy barriers to employment.
Daytime workshops require CLB 5+. Evening workshops require CLB 3+.
How can you apply?
If you are interested in taking this workshop, please contact your employment counsellor or complete the intake form at https://rods.sk.ca/programs/employment/employment-services-registration-form/