Basic Computers & Keyboarding Workshop
This workshop will help increase your basic computer and keyboarding skills, making you more employable. In this workshop, you will learn basic skills in Microsoft Word, email, internet, and keyboarding.
What will you learn?
This workshop offers a practical approach to learning basic computer skills required for most jobs. Key topics covered in the class include
- Various parts of the computer and computer vocabulary
- Navigating through MS Word, emails, and the internet
- Creating, saving, renaming, and deleting files
- Learning and practicing proper keyboarding
- Importance of backup storage for important files
- Increasing your computer security
When you finish this workshop, you will
- Know how to navigate MS Word, emails and the internet
- Have increased awareness of how to increase your computer security
- Know how to practice proper keyboarding and improve your typing speed
Who is eligible for this workshop?
Workshops are intended for any newcomers to Canada (focusing on, but not limited to, newcomers within the past 5 years), aged 16 and over, who experience cultural and/or language/literacy barriers to employment.
Daytime workshops require CLB 5+. Evening workshops require CLB 3+.
How can you apply?
If you are interested in taking this workshop, please contact your employment counsellor or complete the intake form at https://rods.sk.ca/programs/employment/employment-services-registration-form/