Competency-Based Cover Letter Writing
Unsure how to write a good cover letter? This free workshop will help you out! A cover letter is a one-page document highlighting the qualifications most relevant to the job you are applying for. A well-written cover letter shows you are a serious job applicant and gets your resume looked at.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This workshop offers a thorough explanation of all components in a cover letter. It also assists in creating a cover letter for a job you want to apply for. If you have a draft cover letter, the instructor will give you detailed feedback. Key topics include
- What to include in a cover letter
- How to match your experience to the job
- How to select and organize ideas to demonstrate your fit for the position
- How to edit the language and format of a cover letter
- How to assess a cover letter
When you finish this workshop, you will
- Know how to write different components in a cover letter
- Know what kind of cover letters are good from the employer’s perspective
- Have a cover letter for a job you want to apply for
If you are not registered with us, please click on the below link or please call (306) 352-3521 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Readiness Workshops Registration Form « Regina Open Door Society (RODS)