If you are unsure about how to write a cover letter, this free workshop is for you!
A cover letter is a one-page document highlighting the qualifications most relevant to the job you apply for. A well-written cover letter shows you are a serious job applicant and gets your resume looked at. Please join this workshop online in Zoom webinars to write a good cover letter.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This workshop offers a thorough explanation of all components in a cover letter. It also assists in creating a cover letter for a job you want to apply for. The instructor will give you detailed feedback if you have a draft cover letter. Key topics include:
- What to include in a cover letter
- How to match your experience to the job
- How to select and organize ideas to demonstrate your fit for the position
- How to edit the language and format of a cover letter
- How to assess a cover letter
When you finish this workshop, you will
- Know how to write different components in a cover letter
- Know what kind of cover letters are good from the employer’s perspective
- Have a cover letter for a job you want to apply for
To register, please contact our employment services team at employment @rods.sk.ca or call (306) 3523521