Cover Letter Workshop
When applying for a job in Canada, you should include both a cover letter and a resume. Do you know how to describe your skills and abilities in a compelling way? In this workshop, you will learn what information employers look for in a cover letter, and how to explain your past experiences clearly and concisely.
What will you learn?
This workshop offers a thorough explanation of all components in a cover letter. It also assists in creating a cover letter for a job you want to apply for. The instructor will give you detailed feedback if you have a draft cover letter. Key topics include:
- What to include in a cover letter
- How to match your experience to the job
- How to select and organize ideas to demonstrate your fit for the position
- How to edit the language and format of a cover letter
- How to assess a cover letter
When you finish this workshop, you will:
- Know how to write different components in a cover letter
- Know what kind of cover letters are good from the employer’s perspective
- Have a cover letter for a job you want to apply for
Who is eligible for this workshop?
Workshops are intended for any newcomers to Canada (focusing on, but not limited to, newcomers within the past 5 years), aged 16 and over, who experience cultural and/or language/literacy barriers to employment.
Daytime workshops require CLB 5+. Evening workshops require CLB 3+.
How can you apply?
If you are interested in taking this workshop, please contact your employment counsellor or complete the intake form at https://rods.sk.ca/programs/employment/employment-services-registration-form/