Customer Service English
An important part of almost any job in Canada is interacting with customers. In this workshop, you will familiarize yourself with customer service expectations in Canada and improve your customer service skills by practicing specific scenarios. You will learn how to resolve customer complaints, ask open-ended questions, identify customer needs, and write professional emails and letters.
What will you learn?
This workshop offers a thorough explanation of requirements in fulfilling customer service duties such as:
- Using positive language
- Meeting customers’ needs
- Dealing with customers’ complaints
- De-escalating potential conflicts
- Handling customers’ requests
- Talking with customers over the phone
- Writing emails to customers
When you finish this workshop, you will
- Develop insights into customer service work
- Be able to interact with customers appropriately in routine and difficult situations
- Become more informed and confident as a customer service representative
Who is eligible for this workshop?
Workshops are open to newcomers to Canada (focusing on, but not limited to, newcomers within the past 5 years), aged 16 and over, who experience cultural and/or language/literacy barriers to employment.
Daytime workshops require CLB 5+. Evening workshops require CLB 3+.
How can you apply?
If you are interested in taking this workshop, please contact your employment counsellor or complete the intake form at https://rods.sk.ca/programs/employment/employment-services-registration-form/