Excel Level 1
Microsoft Excel is the most commonly used spreadsheet software in the world, and an important computer program in the Canadian workplace. Excel can be applied in many different industries, including business administration, finance, human resources, hospitality, and teaching. Whether you have never used Excel before, or are in need of a refresher course on spreadsheets and formulas, this workshop will teach you all of the essential skills needed to effectively use Excel.
What will you learn?
Excel Level 1 covers the basics of Microsoft Excel, as well as OneDrive (Microsoft’s cloud-saving program). Among the topics covered in this workshop are:
- Creating, saving, and sharing Excel workbooks
- Cell basics, including formatting
- Using the fill handle, find & replace, and spell check
- Working with multiple Excel worksheets
- Applying formulas
- Applying functions
When you finish this workshop, you will:
- Know how to use the basic features of Excel workbooks, including creating, saving, sharing, printing, reviewing, and exporting
- Be able to apply formatting to Excel worksheets, including number formatting, modifying row and column dimensions, and adding colour and style elements
- Be able to apply formulas and functions to Excel worksheets
Who is eligible for this workshop?
Workshops are intended for any newcomers to Canada (focusing on, but not limited to, newcomers within the past 5 years), aged 16 and over, who experience cultural and/or language/literacy barriers to employment.
Daytime workshops require CLB 5+. Evening workshops require CLB 3+.
How can you apply?
If you are interested in taking this workshop, please contact your employment counsellor or complete the intake form at https://rods.sk.ca/programs/employment/employment-services-registration-form/