If you are looking for work in a restaurant environment or anywhere where you are responsible for serving food, then you need to know how to handle food safely, avoid contamination, and ensure that you and your customers are kept healthy.
FOOD SAFE Level 1 is a provincially- and nationally-recognized certificate program meant to prepare food safe handlers for work in a restaurant or food-related environment. This workshop is intended to help participants study for and prepare for the certification test, which can be undertaken after completing this workshop.
Who is the workshop for?
- Newcomers who experience cultural and/or language/literacy barriers to employment.
- 16 years old and above
- English proficiency of CLB 3+
- Registered with RODS Employment Services for workshop enrolment. If you are not registered, please call (306) 352-3521. Please note: Space in this workshop is limited.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
FOOD SAFE Level 1 covers all aspects of safe food handling, including personal hygiene, food preparation, food storage, facility requirements, and hazard identification. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Causes of food contamination and foodborne illness
- Development of Food Safety Plans (FSP)
- Food handler health and hygiene
- Storing, heating, re-heating, thawing, and cooling food safely
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and pest control
If you already have an employment counsellor, click here to register for workshops. If you do not have an employment counsellor, call (306)352 3521 or email us at email@example.com for further guidance.