WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
This workshop is for all newcomers who experience cultural and/or language/literacy barriers to employment. You need to be over 16 years old and demonstrate CLB 3+ in English proficiency. You also need to register with us for workshop enrolment. If you are not registered, please call (306) 352-3521.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This workshop offers a thorough explanation of a typical job interview process. It also assists in preparing for an actual job you want to apply for. Key topics covered in the class include
- Different types of interviews and interview questions
- How to respond to different types of interview questions
- How to best market your experience by relating it to a job of interest
- How to show you are a strong fit for the position based on past work experience
- How to present positively and professionally based on verbal and non-verbal language
- Canadian Workplace expectations concerning job interviews
When you finish this workshop, you will:
- Know how to market yourself better according to the job during an interview
- Have a strong understanding of Canadian Workplace expectations in an interview
- Have increased confidence from practicing varied mock interview questions
If you already have an employment counsellor, register online for this workshop.
If you do not have an employment counsellor, call (306)352 3521 or email us at email@example.com for further guidance