Interview SKILLS WORKSHOP
Are you terrified about having your first Canadian job interview? This free online workshop will help increase your confidence by providing you support in understanding what to expect and how to respond in an interview. When you are asked for an interview you are almost there to getting the job based on how well you market yourself as the best candidate for the job. This workshop will help you learn how to best market yourself and provide with you practice in preparing for an interview.
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
This workshop is for all newcomers who experience cultural and/or language/literacy barriers to employment. You need to be over 16 years old and demonstrate CLB 3+ in English proficiency. You also need to register with us for workshop enrolment. If you are not registered, please call (306) 352-3521.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This workshop offers a thorough explanation of a typical job interview process. It also assists in preparing for an actual job you want to apply for. Key topics covered in the class include
- Different types of interviews and interview questions
- How to respond to different types of interview questions
- How to best market your experience by relating it to a job of interest
- How to show you are a strong fit for the position based on past work experience
- How to present positively and professionally based on verbal and non-verbal language
- Canadian Workplace expectations concerning job interviews
When you finish this workshop, you will:
- Know how to market yourself better according to the job during an interview
- Have a strong understanding of Canadian Workplace expectations in an interview
- Have increased confidence from practicing varied mock interview questions