Demand for healthcare workers is high, including personal care workers who take care of residents in healthcare facilities or private homes. If you enjoy caring for others and want to enter the workforce quickly, the Personal Care Worker Certificate might be what you are looking for. This workshop will prepare you for the Personal Care Worker Certification exam by presenting relevant knowledge and practical skills. Clients who complete the workshop will be eligible for the exam.
Who is the workshop for?
- Newcomer to Canada within the last 5 years.
- 16 years of age or older.
- English proficiency of CLB 5+.
- Registered with RODS Employment Services for workshop enrolment. If you are not registered, please call (306) 352-3521.
Please note: Space in this workshop is limited.
What will you learn?
Topics covered in the Personal Care Worker Workshop include
- Knowledge about the aging process, illness and injury prevention, nutrition, recreational activities, common conditions of the elderly and medication.
- Practical skills to use body mechanics, observe residents, take care of residents’ personal needs such as bathing, dressing, serving food, etc. and maintaining care plans.
After completing the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Meet resident’s personal and recreational needs.
- Take care of residents in a safe, supportive and cooperative manner.
- Feel confident in writing the Personal Care Worker Certification exam.