If you are wanting to find a job in Canada, you will need to first write a resume. Your resume is often the first opportunity an employer has to learn about you and your skills and experience. A strong resume can help make a good first impression, while a resume that fails to meet an employer’s expectations might be ignored. This workshop offers participants the opportunity to receive an introduction to the resume styles and formatting Canadian employers expect to see in job applications. Participants will receive direct instruction that will help them develop a resume that describes their relevant skills and abilities and that meets the standards and expectations of employers.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This workshop offers a comprehensive overview of the components of a resume. Participants will also have the opportunity to create and submit a resume, receiving personalized feedback from a knowledgeable instructor. Key topics include:
- Standard resume formatting guidelines
- Useful resume styles and strategies
- How to identify the skills and abilities employers are looking for
- How to produce a resume that shows the employer your best and most relevant qualities
When you finish this workshop, you will:
- Know how to create the different components of a resume
- Be able to emphasize the skills, abilities and experiences that highlight your best qualities
- Have a resume you can feel confident submitting to an employer
If you are not registered with us, please click on the below link or please call (306) 352-3521 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Readiness Workshops Registration Form « Regina Open Door Society (RODS)