How much do you really know about your rights and responsibilities as an employee? In this workshop, you will learn about workplace standards in Saskatchewan, and the legislation and policy that govern your job search, hiring, and ongoing employment. You will also gain knowledge about wages, workplace safety, and harassment.
What will you learn?
- Fair hiring practices and the rights of job seekers
- Employment standards (including wages, scheduling, vacations, and resignation/layoffs)
- Workplace Safety and forms of harassment
- Recourse and enforcement of workplace standards
When you finish this workshop, you will:
- Better protect yourself from exploitation and discrimination in your job search
- Know the minimum standards employers and employees must meet in Saskatchewan
- Recognize when work is unsafe and what you can do about it
- Identify additional resources and supports
Who is eligible for this workshop?
Workshops are intended for any newcomers to Canada (focusing on, but not limited to, newcomers within the past 5 years), aged 16 and over, who experience cultural and/or language/literacy barriers to employment.
Daytime workshops require CLB 5+. Evening workshops require CLB 3+.
How can you apply?
If you are interested in taking this workshop, please contact your employment counsellor or complete the intake form at https://rods.sk.ca/programs/employment/employment-services-registration-form/