When looking for work in a new labor market, there is often a discussion of unwritten rules and unique workplace culture. However, there are also important written rules and workplace practices that should not be overlooked. The Rights & Responsibilities online workshop offers participants the opportunity to explore workplace standards in Saskatchewan and the legislation and policy that govern your job search, hiring, and ongoing employment. Through this workshop, participants are introduced to the rules and guidelines that strive to make Saskatchewan a safe and fair place to work.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Fair hiring practices and the rights of job seekers
- Employment standards( including wages, scheduling, vacations, and resignation/layoffs)
- Workplace Safety and forms of harassment
- Recourse and enforcement of workplace standards
When you finish this workshop, you will:
- Better protect yourself from exploitation and discrimination in your job search
- Know the minimum standards employers and employees must meet in Saskatchewan
- Recognize when work is unsafe and what you can do about it
- Identify additional resources and supports
If you are not registered with us, please click on the below link or please call (306) 352-3521 or email us at email@example.com