If you have been applying for jobs without success, you may need more effective job search strategies. In this workshop, you will learn about the hidden job market and how to build a network of professional contacts. You will also learn about Canada’s hiring practices, navigating online job boards, and avoiding employment scams.
What will you learn?
This workshop thoroughly explains and discusses essential information job seekers need to know. Key topics include:
- Recruitment process and scams
- Social media, job search sites and employment agencies in job search
- The hidden job market, networking and informational interview
- Strategies to solve common problems in job search
With this knowledge, participants will reflect on their job search experience and identify their strengths and weaknesses. To facilitate the management of their weakness, a range of strategies will be introduced, and participants will apply them in diverse job search scenarios.
When you finish this workshop, you will:
- Have a thorough understanding of job search and networking
- Be able to transfer classroom learning to job search practice
- Become more informed and confident as a job seeker
Who is eligible for this workshop?
Workshops are intended for newcomers to Canada (focusing on, but not limited to, newcomers within the past 5 years), ages 16 and over who experience cultural and/or language/literacy barriers to employment.
Daytime workshops require CLB 5+. Evening workshops require CLB 3+.
How can you apply?
If you are interested in taking this workshop, please get in touch with your employment counsellor or complete the intake form at https://rods.sk.ca/programs/employment/employment-services-registration-form/