In this workshop, you will learn about the elements of a Canadian resume and what employers look for when reviewing your application. You will also receive feedback that will help you create and edit a resume that describes your relevant skills and abilities.
What will you learn?
This workshop offers a comprehensive overview of the components of a resume. Participants will also be able to create and submit a resume, receiving personalized feedback from a knowledgeable instructor. Key topics include:
- Standard resume formatting guidelines
- Useful resume styles and strategies
- How to identify the skills and abilities employers are looking for
- How to produce a resume that shows the employer your best and most relevant qualities
When you finish this workshop, you will:
- Know how to create the different components of a resume
- Be able to emphasize the skills, abilities and experiences that highlight your best qualities
- Have a resume you can feel confident submitting to an employer
Who is eligible for this workshop?
Workshops are intended for newcomers to Canada (focusing on, but not limited to, newcomers within the past five years) aged 16 and over who experience cultural and/or language/literacy barriers to employment.
Daytime workshops require CLB 5+. Evening workshops require CLB 3+.
How can you apply?
If you are interested in taking this workshop, please get in touch with your employment counsellor or complete the intake form at https://rods.sk.ca/programs/employment/employment-services-registration-form/