Workplace Culture & Communication
Part of being a successful employee is understanding workplace culture. This includes an organization’s shared values and beliefs; how a person interacts with their boss, co-workers, and clients; everyday behaviors; and even the dress code! In this workshop, you will explore some of the characteristics of Canadian workplace culture. In addition, you will also learn a number of strategies to make you a better communicator.
What will you learn?
Workplace Culture & Communication covers many aspects of the Canadian workplace that you should be aware of, while also helping you strengthen your communication skills. The topics that we will cover in this workshop include:
- Canadian values in the workplace
- Relationship building
- Essential soft skills
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Starting and maintaining a new job
When you finish this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify some do’s and don’ts in the Canadian workplace
- Practice excellent verbal and non-verbal communication strategies
- Know how to make the most of their first week, month, and six months on a new job
- Feel confident in navigating difficult situations that may arise
Who is eligible for this workshop?
Workshops are intended for any newcomers to Canada (focusing on, but not limited to, newcomers within the past 5 years), aged 16 and over, who experience cultural and/or language/literacy barriers to employment.
Daytime workshops require CLB 5+. Evening workshops require CLB 3+.
How can you apply?
If you are interested in taking this workshop, please contact your employment counsellor or complete the intake form at https://rods.sk.ca/programs/employment/employment-services-registration-form/