Budgeting Basics: Making Your Money Do More
Mar 1, 2021
Making a budget can help you balance your income with your savings and expenses. Other than preparing for unexpected expenses and saving for the future, a budget can improve your quality of life now. This online workshop will introduce the newcomer youth ( age 16 - 29) to the value of budgeting as a guide to their spending, and a means to help them reach their financial goals.
Your instructor will use a variety of methods, including videos and class discussions, and quizzes to present the information.
Please sign up for Google Classrooms prior to this class. You will receive the classroom information with your welcome email.
Key Topics Include:
- Why you should make a budget
- What should be considered before making a budget
- How to make a simple budget
- Tips to help you stick to your budget
When you finish this workshop, you will:
- Understand the importance of building and frequently revisiting a budget
- Make informed decisions in planning based on needs and wants
- Build a budget based on said needs and wants
- Make a simple short- and long-term financial plan