Competency Based Cover Letter Writing
Jun 29, 2021 - Jul 2, 2021
A cover letter is a one-page document highlighting your qualifications most relevant to the job you apply for. A well-written cover letter shows you are a serious job applicant and gets your resume looked at.
This workshop offers a thorough explanation of all components in a cover letter and provides the information with examples from cover letters for a range of jobs. It assists in creating a cover letter for a job you want to apply for. Following the group discussion, participants develop their own cover letters and get detailed feedback from the instructor and other participants. If you have a draft cover letter, the instructor will give you detailed feedback.
Key topics include:
- What to include in a cover letter
- How to match your experience to the job
- How to select and organize ideas to demonstrate your fit for the position
- How to edit the language and format of a cover letter
- How to assess a cover letter
When you finish this workshop, you will:
- Know how to write different components in a cover letter
- Know what kind of cover letters are good from the employer’s perspective
- Have a cover letter for a job you want to apply for