MS Excel Level 1
Jun 21, 2021 - Jun 24, 2021
Microsoft Excel is the most commonly used spreadsheet software, and an important computer program in the Canadian workplace. Whether you have never used Excel before, or need a refresher course on spreadsheets and formulas, you should consider taking Excel Level 1. This online workshop provides participants the opportunity to ask questions, participate in discussions, and feel comfortable making mistakes. Your instructor will use a variety of methods, including videos and demonstrations, to present the information; participants will then have an opportunity to attempt short review challenges/quizzes. At the end of the workshop, participants will be asked to complete a comprehensive assignment.
Key Topics Include:
In addition to the following key topics, Excel Level 1 also covers the basics of Microsoft Excel on OneDrive (Microsoft’s cloud-saving program).
- Creating, saving, and sharing Excel workbooks
- Cell basics, including formatting
- Using the fill handle, find & replace, and spell check
- Working with multiple Excel worksheets
- Applying formulas
- Applying functions
When You Finish This Workshop, You Will:
- Use the basic features of Excel workbooks, including creating, saving, sharing, printing, reviewing, and exporting
- Apply formatting to Excel worksheets, including number formatting, modifying row and column dimensions, and adding color and style elements
- Apply formulas and functions to Excel worksheets
- Participants will also receive a certificate of completion after this workshop