Resume Basics: From the Ground Up
Apr 12, 2021 - Apr 13, 2021
Did you know that some hiring managers may scan more than 100 resumes to fill just one position? This means a hiring manager may only spend a few seconds scanning each one. A resume provides the hiring manager with their very first impression of you, and a well-written one could be your ticket into an interview.
This online workshop is meant to help newcomer youth ages 16 to 29 develop the skills necessary to write a resume, and follow up on applications as they prepare for the Canadian workplace on their path to employment and personal success.
Key Topics Included:
Resume Basics: From the Ground Up introduces you to the techniques required for an effective resume as you learn how to write your own. Among the topics that we will cover in this workshop are:
- The importance of a resume
- The impact of keywords and action words in resume writing
- How to write a 1-page resume
- Next steps for following up on an application
When You Finish This Workshop, You Will
- Understand the importance of developing an effective resume
- Construct a 1-page resume (Ideal for High School, University, or persons with little to no Canadian workplace experience)
- Develop techniques to follow up on applications
Please sign up for Google Classrooms prior to this class. You will receive the classroom information with your welcome email.