CELPIP Invigilator - Language Services
Employer: Regina Open Door Society
Number of positions: 2
Wage/Salary: $21.14 per hour with a maximum of 24 hours/week
Regina Open Door Society
Internal and External Candidates
Department Language Services
Position Title CELPIP Invigilator (2 positions)
Term Part-time - Casual
Work Hours Vary from Thursday to Sunday, 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Closing Date June 18th, 2021 - 4:00 p.m.
The Regina Open Door Society (RODS) is a non-profit organization that provides settlement and integration services to refugees and immigrants in Regina. RODS is committed to meeting the needs of newcomers by offering programs and services that enable them to achieve their goals and participate fully in the larger community.
The Regina Open Door Society Inc. is seeking qualified individuals to staff the part-time permanent position of LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) Teacher Aide. The start date for this position is June 24th, 2021.
Job description - Position Summary
This position is responsible for providing a secure exam delivery and superior customer service in a comfortable friendly environment. The Invigilator is responsible for the set-up, administration, checking-in process, invigilation, and clean-up of the CELPIP exams. Training is required to follow Paragon Testing procedures. This positions falls under the supervision of the Manager of Language Services at RODS. The Invigilator will be considered a casual employee who will be scheduled on an as-needed basis. Saturday availability is a must.
Job Description - Primary Responsibilities:
Working under the direction of the Manager of Language Services the Invigilators will:
· Awareness of the CELPIP test is an asset;
· Comply with all testing procedures and strictly adhere to company policies using careful judgment;
· Check in testing candidates, verify identification, and explain the exam process
· Checking in and out test-takers’ personal belongings;
· Checking in test-takers using CELPIP processes;
· Proctor / invigilate candidates while testing;
· Troubleshoot with Paragon Testing and RODS internal departments to fix technical issues;
· Setting up test rooms and equipment at the venue as required;
· A strong commitment to principles of social justice, which includes treating all individuals with respect and dignity;
· Complete light housekeeping COVID duties such as sanitizing keyboards before after each candidate’s examination;
· Other duties as required.
· Post-secondary education and experience in Education, Administration, or Customer Service
· Ability to follow instructions and directions and then work independently
· Ability to work under examination conditions with respect for confidential and secure information
· Experience with exam invigilation is an asset
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and punctuality
· English language ability at Canadian Language Benchmark 8 or higher
· Excellent writing, computer and clerical skills
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration and organization skills
· Superior customer service skills
· Proven accountability, resourcefulness, initiative, and professionalism
· Strong ability to work cooperatively in a cross-cultural setting
Hours of work
The hours of work for this position are casual hours on Thursdays to Sundays, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. with a possible maximum of 24 hours a week.
The starting annual salary for this position is $44,084.66 per year ($21.14 per hour) at Step 2 of RODS Admin Category 1 prorated for the hours of work.
All positions at RODS require a clean criminal record.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please be able to provide three work related references at the time of your interview. No phone calls please. Please respond in confidence no later than 4:00 PM on Friday, June 18th, 2021 by email to:
Wendy L Brooks
Human Resources Manager
Regina Open Door Society
2314 11th Ave, Regina, Saskatchewan, S4P 0K1
How To Apply
Please apply on line