Early Childhood Educator
Employer: Regina Open Door Society
Number of positions: 1
Type of positions: Early Childhood Educator
Wage/Salary: $33,863.70 and $45,636.96 at $16.28 to $21.94 per hour, depending on ECE certification level and years of experience.
Regina Open Door Society
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR- full time
40 hours per week
Closing date: March 31 , 2021
The Regina Open Door Society (RODS) is a non-profit organization that provides settlement and integration services to refugees and immigrants in Regina. RODS is committed to meeting the needs of newcomers by offering programs and services that enable them to achieve their goals and participate fully in the larger community.
The Regina Open Door Society Inc. is seeking a qualified individual to staff the full time permanent position of Early Childhood Educator in our child care centre beginning April 12, 2021.
• Saskatchewan Early Childhood Education Certification- Level 1, 2 or 3
• Minimum 1 year experience working in a Canadian daycare is preferred
• Valid First Aid and CPR C
• Experience/knowledge of the principles and guidelines of the Play and Exploration Guide from the Ministry of Education
• Criminal Record Check- including vulnerable sector check
• Commitment to high-quality programming and best practices in Early Childhood Education
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Plan and implement a developmentally appropriate and child-centered program on a daily basis- including outdoor activities, small and large group activities and center-based activities that develop literacy skills, fine and large motor skills, social skills and support all areas of child development.
• Prepare a weekly program plan that incorporates the children’s ideas and interests
• Provide activities that encourage respect for values, customs and traditions of other cultures
• Oversee children’s daily activities to ensure health, safety and proper supervision- including diapering/toileting, feeding and sanitation.
• Interact/participate with children to ensure they are engaged in their environment and activities
• Daily communication with parents, both oral and written, regarding their child’s learning and needs
• Contribute to the presentation of materials and room arrangement to provide a stimulating environment that supports all areas of child development
Hours of work for this position will be 8 hours per day Monday to Friday. All positions at RODS require a clean criminal record. There is a cost shared benefits package available to the employee with successful completion of a six-month probationary period as well as a 3% employer contribution to a Saskatchewan Pension Plan. The starting annual salary for this position is between $33,863.70 and $45,636.96 at $16.28 to $21.94 per hour, depending on ECE certification level and years of experience.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please be able to provide two work related references at the time of your interview. No phone calls or drop-ins please. Please apply by email to:
Donalee Wennberg- Child Care Manager
Regina Open Door Society
1855 Smith St.
Regina, Sask. S4P 2N5
How To Apply
Please apply on line