Early Childhood Educator - casual
Employer: Regina Open Door Society
Number of positions: 1
Type of positions: Early Childhood Educator
Wage/Salary: $15.46-$19.36 dependong on certification level
Regina Open Door Society
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR- casual
Closing date: January 18, 2019
The Regina Open Door Society (RODS) is a non-profit organization that provides settlement and integration services to refugees and immigrants in Regina. RODS is committed to meeting the needs of newcomers by offering programs and services that enable them to achieve their goals and participate fully in the larger community.
The Regina Open Door Society Inc. is seeking a qualified individual to staff the casual position of Early Childhood Educator in our child care centre. The start date for this position is Feb 1, 2019.
• Saskatchewan Early Childhood Education Certification- ECE 1, 2 or 3
• Valid First Aid and CPR C certificate
• Experience/knowledge of the principles and guidelines of the Play and Exploration Guide from the Ministry of Education
• Commitment to high-quality programming and best practices in Early Childhood Education
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Plan and implement a developmentally appropriate and child-centered program on a daily basis- including outdoor activities, small and large group activities and center-based activities that develop literacy skills, fine and large motor skills, social skills and support all areas of child development.
• Provide activities that encourage respect for values, customs and traditions of other cultures
• Oversee children’s daily activities to ensure health, safety and proper supervision- including diapering/toileting, feeding and sanitation.
• Interact/participate with children to ensure they are engaged in their environment and activities
• Daily communication with parents, both oral and written, regarding their child’s learning and needs
• Contribute to the presentation of materials and room arrangement to provide a stimulating environment that supports all areas of child development
Hours of work for this position will vary between the hours of 7:30 – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday. No set number of hours are guaranteed. Preference will be given to applicants who are available anytime for both scheduled and call-in hours. Please specify your availability in your cover letter.
All positions at RODS require a clean criminal record check. The hourly salary for this position is $15.46 – $19.36, depending on certification level.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. . Please be able to provide three work related references at the time of your interview. No phone calls or drop-ins please. Please respond in confidence by mail, fax or email to:
Wendy L. Brooks
Human Resources Manager
Regina Open Door Society
1855 Smith St.
Regina, Sask. S4P 2N5