Early Childhood Educator - full time- term with possibility of permanent/extension
Employer: Regina Open Door Society
Location: Regina Open Door Society
Number of positions: 1
Type of positions: full time- term with possibility of permanent/extension
Wage/Salary: The starting wage for this position is $13.37 to $19.36 per hour, depending on certification level.
Regina Open Door Society
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR - full time- term with possibility of permanent/extension
Closing date: June 19, 2018
The Regina Open Door Society (RODS) is a non-profit organization that provides settlement and integration services to refugees and immigrants in Regina. RODS is committed to meeting the needs of newcomers by offering programs and services that enable them to achieve their goals and participate fully in the larger community.
The Regina Open Door Society Inc. is seeking a qualified individual to staff the full time term position of Early Childhood Educator in our child care centre. The start date for this position is July 3, 2018 until March 31, 2019 with possible extension.
Why work for Regina Open Door Child Care Centre?...
We offer a cross-cultural learning environment
We pride ourselves on a family-like work environment with staff, children and parents
We have a cost-shared benefits package after a six month probation
We provide an employer-paid contribution to a Saskatchewan Pension Plan after six months of employment
Our wages are very competitive and are above the average wage in Saskatchewan child care centres.
We provide paid sick time benefits
Saskatchewan Early Childhood Education Certification-Level 1, 2 or 3
Valid First Aid and CPR B or C certificate
Experience/knowledge of the principles and guidelines of the Play and Exploration Guide from the Ministry of Education
Commitment to high-quality programming and best practices in Early Childhood Education
Strong organizational skills
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Ability to work in a team setting
Good oral and written communication skills
· Plan and implement a developmentally appropriate and child-centered program on a daily basis- including outdoor activities, small and large group activities and center-based activities that develop literacy skills, fine and large motor skills, social skills and support all areas of child development.
· Prepare a weekly program plan that incorporates the children’s ideas and interests
· Provide activities that encourage respect for values, customs and traditions of other cultures
· Oversee children’s daily activities to ensure health, safety and proper supervision- including diapering/toileting, feeding and sanitation.
· Interact/participate with children to ensure they are engaged in their environment and activities
· Daily communication with parents, both oral and written, regarding their child’s learning and needs
· Contribute to the presentation of materials and room arrangement to provide a stimulating environment that supports all areas of child development
Hours of work for this position will be 8 hours per day Monday to Friday. All positions at RODS require a clean criminal record check. The starting wage for this position is $13.37 to $19.36 per hour, depending on certification level.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please be able to provide two work related references at the time of your interview. No phone calls please. Please respond in confidence by mail, fax or email to:
Donalee Wennberg- Child Care Manager
Regina Open Door Society
1855 Smith St.
Regina, Sask. S4P 2N5