Job Developer/Employer Liaison
Employer: Regina Open Door Society
Number of positions: 1
Wage/Salary: $49,549.37 ($28.24/hr) entry level
Regina Open Door Society
Internal and External Posting
Department Employment Services
Position Title Job Developer/ Employer Liaison
Work Hours Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Closing Date June 18th, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
The Regina Open Door Society (RODS) is a non-profit organization that provides settlement and integration services to refugees and immigrants in Regina. RODS is committed to meeting the needs of newcomers by offering programs and services that enable them to achieve their goals and participate fully in the larger community.
The Regina Open Door Society Inc. is seeking a qualified individual to staff the term, full-time position of Job Developer/Employer Liaison. The start date for this position is July 5th, 2021.
This position’s primary responsibility is helping immigrant clients reach their employment goals by connecting them with job opportunities that fit their skill sets and competence levels. The Job Developer/Employer Liaison builds strong relationships with Regina employers to promote the hiring of immigrant clients, determines employer needs and proposes solutions through job matching and placement of clients. The Job Developer/Employer Liaison works in close tandem with Employment Counsellors to make successful and appropriate client referrals. This position also assists employers and newcomer employees communicate openly to ensure job sustainability.
Job Description - Primary Responsibilities
· Promote the Employment Services programs and projects to employers
· Tap into the hidden job market and bring in potential job and/or work placement opportunities for clients
· Work closely with Employment Counsellors to determine suitable job matches by ensuring the service reflects clients’ needs, skills, abilities and career goals
· Perform mock interviews and assist clients in preparing for any additional requirements of employment
· Support and monitor clients’ employment status, evaluate their progress, provide feedback and act as a liaison when problems/issues arise in the workplace
· Identify needs/issues of employers and provide suggestions in coordination with the Employment Services team
· Plan and organize hiring events, information sessions, job fairs, networking sessions with specific job-related outcomes
· Attend trade shows, career fairs, community fairs, etc. in the city to build relationships with employers and other service providers
· Remain current on labour market trends and effective job search techniques
· Design and develop promotional materials for employment services programs as required
· Prepare a monthly report for direct supervisor
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services discipline, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Human Resources or other related field
· Experience such as employment counselling, recruitment or job coaching would be an asset
· Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with staff, clients, employers and potential project funders
· Experience and sensitivity in working with newcomers to Canada including those with limited English language skills
· Strong technological skills; proficient in MS Office Suite; Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and database
· Solid working knowledge of existing employment programs and services, local labour market, employment standards and community resources
· Must be result-oriented and flexible with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
· Strong marketing, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Creative problem solver and demonstrable strategic thinking abilities
· Must have a valid Saskatchewan driver’s license
Hours of work
The standard hours of work are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with a one-hour, unpaid lunch break each day and an EDO every second Monday or Friday up to a maximum of 33.75 hours per week. All positions at RODS require a clean criminal record check. The annual salary for this position is $49,549.37 ($28.24/hr) at the level Step 1 level of RODS Professional Category 1.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please forward a cover letter and resume in confidence no later than 4:00 PM on Friday, June 18th, 2021 to:
Wendy L Brooks
Regina Open Door Society
2314 – 11th Ave
Regina, SK S4P 2N5
How To Apply
Please apply on line