LINC Teacher Aide
Employer: Regina Open Door Society
Number of positions: 1
Type of positions: Teacher Aide
Wage/Salary: $19.25/hour (33,786.66 annual Step 1 Level)
Regina Open Door Society Internal and External Candidates
Department Language Services
Position Title LINC Teacher Aide
Term Part-time permanent
Work Hours Monday - Friday, 12:07 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (total 16.86 hrs/wk)
Closing Date April 22, 2019 - 4:00 p.m.
The Regina Open Door Society (RODS) is a non-profit organization that provides settlement and integration services to refugees and immigrants in Regina. RODS is committed to meeting the needs of newcomers by offering programs and services that enable them to achieve their goals and participate fully in the larger community.
The Regina Open Door Society Inc. is seeking qualified individuals to staff the part-time permanent position of LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) Teacher Aide. The start date for this position is May 2, 2019.
Job description - Position Summary
This position’s primary responsibility is to provide assistance to adult literacy learners under the supervision of the Language Assistance Supervisor or classroom instructors.
Job Description - Primary Responsibilities:
Working under the direction of Language Assistance Program Supervisor and assigned teachers the Teacher Aide will:
• Follow the instructions/directions of classroom teachers in the work of assisting adult literacy learners.
• Provide assistance in reading, writing, listening and speaking to individuals and small groups of learners.
• Assist learners in the learning and use of new technology.
• Provide support such as duplicating, faxing, and telephoning.
• Seek out and assist to produce resources as needed.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Grade 12 or equivalent education
• Ability to follow instructions and directions and then work independently
• English language ability at Canadian Language Benchmark 7 or higher
• Writing, computer and clerical skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration and organization skills
• Proven accountability, resourcefulness, initiative, and professionalism
• Strong ability to work cooperatively in a cross-cultural setting
• Post-secondary education in a field that relates to the position
• TESL training and/or experience
• Knowledge of the Canadian Language Benchmarks particularly as they relate to beginner level learners
• Strong technological skills
• Experience using Portfolio Based Language Assessment
Hours of work
Hours of work for this position are Monday to Friday from 12:07 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. with a total of 16.86 hours per week. The annual starting salary for this position is $33,786.66 per year ($19.25 per hour) at the Step 1 level of RODS Admin. Category 1 prorated for the hours of work per week.
All positions at RODS require a clean criminal record check.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please be able to provide three work related references at the time of your interview.
Please respond in confidence no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday April 22, 2019 via email,
Wendy L. Brooks
Human Resources Manager
Regina Open Door Society
1855 Smith St.
Regina, SK S4P 2N5
Fax: (306) 757-8166
How To Apply
Please apply on line