Community Connection is a program that supports community members and Organizations in creating a welcoming environment for Newcomers. This includes; developing and fostering community partnerships and identifying opportunities for referral, as well as providing education on cultural awareness and how to develop culturally inclusive programing and services.
WHAT IS COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS?
The main objective of the Community Connection Program is to help Newcomers connect with the broader community, by engaging Regina’s diverse community members and organizations, in the process of supporting newcomers.
To achieve this objective, the Community Connection Program provides the following services:
- Free cultural awareness workshops to private sector, public institutions and community agencies according to participants’ needs.
- Increasing community’s awareness of newcomers’ needs and contributions.
- Helping community groups develop culturally inclusive services.
- Developing and fostering community partnerships and identifying opportunities for referral.
- Providing support to organizations that enhance their ability to serve newcomers and foster a welcoming community.
- Collaborating with organizations to provide opportunity for newcomers to participate in the community.
- Introducing and promoting RODS services and programs in the community.
To access services provided by Community Connection Program or for further information, please contact:
Regina Open Door Society Inc. (RODS)
4th Floor, 2220 12th Avenue
Regina, SK, S4P 0M8