Support for Temporary Foreign Workers Affected by COVID-19
Are You a Temporary Foreign Worker who has been Affected by COVID-19?
We can help!
- Group information & orientation sessions on illness prevention, personal protection self-care & employee rights & responsibilities
- One on one support & referrals to meet the basic essential needs of those affected
- Resources & services to enable TFWs to exercise their rights
Support in areas including:
- Case management
- Health & income support referrals
- Assistance in applying for benefits
- Interpretation services
- Assistance with shelter & housing, food, clothing for workers in distress
A new project designed to support Temporary Foreign Workers (TFWs) affected by COVID-19 is now active across the Prairie Provinces. The aim of this Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) funded project is to establish a coordinated approach to meet the unique needs of TFWs, with a particular focus on those employed in the agricultural sector and its related industries.
The project presents an opportunity for a collaborative partnership between three umbrella organizations and five immigrant-serving agencies, to work alongside employers and host communities within the respective regions to provide assistance to temporary foreign workers (TFWs) who may be affected by COVID-19.