We can help you to feel at home in Regina!
Regina is a vibrant and growing metropolis, but settling in a new city can be challenging for anyone. You may be alone or with your family, but many things are different in a new town. The people are new, the language is foreign, and the culture is different and everyone you knew is back home.
You may be asking yourself…
About the Program
The Orientation Services for Newcomers (OSN) program supports newcomers to meet their settlement needs, gain knowledge of life in Canada, understand how to access IRCC/non-IRCC funded programs, and adapt/ integrate into the community. OSN offers programming that collaborates and incorporates newcomer, indigenous and Canadian perspectives in regular services.Read more
What is the Orientation Services for Newcomers (OSN) Program?
Through Orientation Services for Newcomers (OSN) we will meet with you, find out what you need and work with you to help you settle in your new home. Our information orientation sessions teach you how to access various services, search for a job, and use the internet to find helpful information. We take you on group tours of the library, government and recreational buildings in Regina.
OSN Walk-In Service
- We offer In-person and online solution focused one-on-one settlement services for newcomer clients to provide information about life in Canada, including their rights and responsibilities, connecting with community organizations and providing resourceful referrals to appropriate services.
- Appointment based service for clients both in-person and remote (over the phone or zoom).
- Triage for walk-in clients for quick one-on-one support.
OSN Group Orientation Services
We offer In-person and online group orientation sessions for newcomer clients to provide information about life in Canada, services offered by governmental and non-governmental agencies, and the effective tools that help refugees and newcomers to engage in their new community.
Please register online to check availability and attend sessions.
Case Management Services
The Case Management team works with vulnerable clients and immigrants in Regina, assisting them with their settlement needs and connecting them with resources in the city (for example, employment, school enrollment for children, child care application, child subsidy, various health needs, etc.). Regina Open Door Case Management Services is a referral-based service.
We conduct promotion and outreach to inform newcomers and Canadian citizens about various settlement services offered in Regina including programs offered through Regina Open Door Society settlement programs.
All services are offered in-person and remotely.
Who can register?
Meet the team
- Murshed Abdullah Al HussainTeam Leader
- Lili Htoo SawCaseworker
- Eiman MerganiCaseworker
- Shimaa YoussefCaseworker
- Krupali PatelZone Coordinator
- Tanuj DharOnline Support Coordinator
- Stephanie IkekhuamenCM Facilitator
- Mahmudur RahmanCM Caseworker
- Mubarak OgunlolaCM Caseworker
- Naw Tha Play PawOSN Coordinator
- Abdulsalam Abo AshmatOSN Caseworker
- Mursal LatifHealth Facilitator
- Hassen BashirHealth Caseworker
- Ali Akbar HaidariHealth Caseworker