Settlement Support Workers In Schools (SSWIS) Program
Getting Help In School
You want to your children to have good lives. To have a good future, they will need to go to school. You might ask yourself:
- Where will my children go to school?
- What if my children need help to learn English?
- How can my children do well in school?
What Is The Welcome Community For Newcomer Children and Youth Program?
In this program, a Settlement Support Worker will meet with you assess what you need. The program will give you information about schools in Regina. It will also help you to register for your children in a school, and help your children do well in school.
What Services Would I Get?
- You will get information, orientation and support for school selection.
- You will get information on different schools in the Regina (Public, Catholic, Francophone).
- You will get help to register your children in sports and artistic activities in school.
- You will get connected to other school and community services.
How Much Does It Cost?
It is FREE!
Who Can Access This Program?
Children and youth who are between the ages of 6 to 21, and who are temporary residents, permanent residents or refugees.