Families in Transition Program

Everyone needs help sometimes!

Adapting to life in Regina is hard work. You have to learn English and Canadian culture. You have to get a job and find a school for your children. But what happens if you have personal problems in your life? Who can you talk to when you feel down?

What is the Families in Transition program?

Families in Transition is a program that gives you counseling. Counseling is when you talk about your problems. A professional counselor (Bachelor of Social Work) will meet with you to find out what you need. You can meet one-to-one to talk. You can also meet in a group and talk together. The counseling you get will be culturally sensitive. Counseling is confidential, only between you and your counsellor.

What services would I get?

You can get help with:

  • How to communicate
  • Parenting concerns
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (example: rape, war, or torture)
  • Grief, sadness or loneliness
  • Depression, fear or stress
  • Marriage breakdown
  • Physical or emotional abuse
  • Addictions
  • Housing or unemployment

How much does it cost?

It’s FREE!

Who can register?

Refugees and permanent immigrants who have lived in Canada between 2 to 5 years can register.

How can I register?

There are two ways to register for this program:

Call RODS at (306) 352-3500. Ask for the Families in Transition program counsellor.
Email Michelle Barnes at fit@rods.sk.ca.